What is a VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. A VPN is a secure connection between you and the internet that helps you improve your online security, privacy, and freedom.
How does a VPN work?
- First of all, you must be connected to a VPN connection.
- The VPN service creates a secure tunnel. Your internet traffic is forwarded through this secure tunnel to a VPN server. During this journey, the internet traffic will pass through your Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as Ziggo or KPN. Because the internet traffic is encrypted in the secure tunnel, the data is no longer readable and your ISP can no longer monitor what you are doing.
- Once the internet traffic arrives at the VPN server, the encrypted data is decrypted. This ensures that the data is readable again.
- After the VPN server has decrypted the data, the data continues to the final destination (for example, the GOOSE VPN website).
- The VPN server encrypts the data that can be found at the final destination and sends it back to you via a secure tunnel.
- When the data has arrived at you, the data will be decrypted by the VPN service.
What are the advantages of a VPN?
Using a VPN brings a lot of benefits. This way you can use the internet anonymously, bypass geographical blocks and safely use public WiFi networks.
Anonymity on the Internet
Every device connected to the internet is assigned an IP address. An IP address is a unique code, you can compare this code with a telephone number. Using this code, devices on the internet are visible to each other, so that they can communicate with each other. In addition, this code ensures that it is possible to find out your location, and even your identity.
By using a VPN, your internet traffic is linked to another server, which means that a different IP address is connected to your device. As a result, it is no longer possible for outsiders to find out your IP address, and with it your location and identity.
It may be that you are on vacation and want to watch your favorite TV program from there. Unfortunately, sometimes you are disappointed with the message ‘this video is not available in your location’. This is due to geographical blockages. A geographic block means that some data is not available due to your location.
By using a VPN you prevent this from happening.
When you are connected to a VPN, your internet traffic arrives at the final destination via a VPN server, so that the internet traffic is no longer linked to your IP address, but to the IP address of the VPN server. You have VPN servers in different countries. This makes it possible to make the internet think that you are in a different location than you actually are, and you can enjoy the internet without limits. For example, you can now watch American Netflix no matter where you are!
Use public WiFi safely
When you use a public WiFi network, it is very easy for malicious parties to monitor your internet traffic, or to redirect this internet traffic. Without you realizing it, a malicious person will have your personal information or, for example, your credit card information in no time.
If you use a Virtual Private Network, all internet traffic that you send over a public WiFi network is encrypted, and malicious people have no use for the hacked data. They only see an encrypted message.
Do you want to improve your online security, privacy, and freedom? That is possible with the VPN service of GOOSE VPN. GOOSE VPN is the first and only 100% Dutch provider of VPN connections. We think it is important that everyone can use a safe and open internet, which is also super simple and affordable.
Why are GOOSE VPN’s VPN connections secure?
GOOSE VPN’s VPN connections are secure because they prevent snoopers from peeking in on your internet traffic. In addition, GOOSE VPN does not keep any logs. Our 100% no-log policy means that we do not store your data, unlike some other VPN providers.
Do you want to surf the internet safely from now on? Sign up now at GOOSE VPN with a 30-day money-back guarantee.