Streaming with GOOSE VPN
A fun movie night with the whole family or a podcast during your walk. By streaming you can see or hear whatever you want anytime, anywhere.
What is Streaming?
Streaming is a technology that allows you to watch or listen to media (such as audio, video or data) without having to download it first. Instead of downloading the file, it is sent in small chunks and played as it is received. This allows you to watch your favourite movies and series on Netflix, for example, without having to download them first.
Almost all of us use streaming. Whether we play music in the background or watch an exciting movie.
Streaming – How does it work?
Streaming works by using a technology called buffering. When you start playing a video or audio, a small portion is streamed to you from the server. This will be buffered in the player on your device. As you play the media, more data is continuously streamed from the server to your device and buffered, so there is always enough data available for playback. This process is done in real-time so that the user can play the media immediately without waiting for the entire file to download.
Several protocols are used, such as HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH), and Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP). Each protocol has its own advantages and disadvantages, such as the amount of bandwidth required, the quality of the video playback, and compatibility with different types of devices. Streaming services often choose a combination of protocols to offer you an optimal experience.
Streaming media also requires a good internet connection as the media is sent and played in real-time. Having a bad connection can cause interruptions or a lower quality of video playback.
The pros and cons of streaming
We now know exactly how streaming works. Besides the fact that you can always stream your favourite movie and series with an internet connection, or listen to some nice music, it has several other advantages, but also disadvantages.
The benefits of streaming are:
- Immediate access: You can immediately start playing the media without having to wait for the whole file to be downloaded.
- Doesn’t take up space: Streaming doesn’t take up space on your hard drive, as the media isn’t stored.
- Wide range of content: Streaming services often offer a wide selection of content, including movies, TV shows, music, podcasts, and live broadcasts.
- Ease of use: Streaming services are often easy to use and accessible through a variety of devices, including smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and streaming players.
- Internet connection required: Streaming requires a stable and fast Internet connection, otherwise, it may cause interruptions or poor-quality video playback.
- Restricted to specific services: You are limited to the content available on the specific streaming service you are signed up to.
- Content may disappear: Some content is only available temporarily through streaming services and may be removed from the platform without notice.
- Geographical Restrictions: Some content is only available in specific countries or regions, so you may be limited in your choice of content depending on where you are.
Bypass geographic restrictions
Geographical restrictions are one of the drawbacks of streaming. They arise because content rights are often only sold to specific countries or regions. This means that some content is only available to users located in those specific countries or regions.
Geographical restrictions are common with streaming services that offer movies and series. For example, a certain movie or series that is available in America cannot be viewed in Europe.
There are ways to get around geo-restrictions, such as using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A VPN can hide your IP address and give you an IP address from a different country, allowing you to access content that would normally not be available in your current location.
Stream with GOOSE VPN
Are there several films and series on your watch list that are only available on American Netflix, for example? Then GOOSE VPN is the right place for you. With the VPN connections from GOOSE VPN, you are guaranteed to watch American Netflix anywhere in the world. But that’s not all! With GOOSE VPN you can also watch the American HBO Max or BBC iPlayer.
It also sometimes happens that you cannot watch certain content abroad from your home country. Are you going abroad and do you want to watch Uitzending Gemist, for example? That is also possible with GOOSE VPN.
And did you also know that some countries block certain content? For example, you are restricted on the internet in Dubai, WhatsApp is not allowed in Egypt and China, and you cannot scroll on Facebook in Pakistan and Cuba, among others. Fortunately, this content is also available with GOOSE VPN.
Register with GOOSE VPN
Streaming is obviously a great invention that we use endlessly. With a VPN you can stream even more. Can’t wait to finally open the American Netflix? Register now with GOOSE VPN and receive a 30-day money-back guarantee!