How can you protect your privacy against the Wiv
In 2018 in the Netherlands, the majority of the Dutch people opposed the Intelligence and Security Services Act (Wiv). The law was not completely turned down. After imposing several restrictions, it was not long before the law, also known as the Wiv, came into effect in the Netherlands. There are many doubts as to whether the Wiv is properly observed. That is why we answer the question “How can you protect your privacy against the Wiv?”
The Intelligence and Security Services Act
The Intelligence and Security Services Act (Wiv), also known as the Wiv, is a law that regulates how intelligence and security services in the Netherlands work. This includes services such as the AIVD (General Intelligence and Security Service) and the MIVD (Military Intelligence and Security Service). These services are responsible for collecting information on domestic and foreign threats to national security.
By law, these services must adhere to certain rules and guidelines. For example, they are not allowed to collect information about Dutch citizens without reason, and they must comply with the laws in the field of privacy and the protection of personal data.
One of the most important parts of the Wiv is accountability. The services are accountable to the Minister and the House of Representatives for their activities. The independent supervisor must also do this and report on the results of the inspections.
The Wiv is an important law because it regulates how intelligence and security services work and ensures that these services comply with rules. This law is intended to protect national security while respecting the privacy and rights of citizens.
Sleeping Act: Where did that nickname come from?
The Intelligence and Security Services Act (Wiv) is sometimes referred to as “the Sleeping Act” because of concerns that the act may compromise citizens’ privacy through intelligence powers – and expand security services.
Several provisions in the law reinforce this presumption, such as the ability for the services to store data on non-suspects, to analyze their network and to make connections. lay. The service can also collect a large amount of data without basing it on a suspicion of a specific threat.
In addition, the law can be seen as a “Sleeping Act” because the law allows intelligence and security services to use far-reaching technical means to collect data, such as hacking, the use of invisible software (such as keyloggers) and the use of drones.
Holidays Deal - Lifetime VPN for €149.00
Start today with GOOSE VPN and get this deal! You can try it 30 days without any risk with our 30 day money back guaranteeSTART NOW
How does the Wiv affect your privacy?
Are you curious about how the Intelligence and Security Services Act (Wiv) affects your privacy? Let’s take a look at some important points you should know:
- The Intelligence and Security Services Act (Wiv) can influence the privacy of citizens by broadening the powers of intelligence and security services.
- The law may allow the services without suspicion of a threat to collect, store and analyze data from persons who are not suspected of being a threat, such as information about contacts, internet usage and location.
- The law allows the services to use technical means, such as hacking, invisible software (such as keyloggers) and drones, making the privacy of citizens vulnerable.
- The services can operate within their powers without the citizen being directly aware of this.
Unfortunately, there are several ways in which the Wiv can affect your privacy. This does not give you a pleasant feeling and you want to protect yourself. But how can you protect your privacy against the Wiv?
This is how you can protect your privacy against the Wiv
Online security can no longer be taken for granted these days. Not only cyber criminals, but also certain intelligence and security services want to see what we do on the internet.
To prevent these services from actually collecting all kinds of information about you, you can protect your privacy against the Wiv. How do you do that? That’s what we’re going to talk about now.
- Be careful with the information you share: Be careful with the information that you share, especially about personal information, such as name, address, and telephone number.
- Restrict location sharing: Restrict sharing of your location information, such as via GPS tracking, for example via your mobile phone or other technological means.
- Secure your phone: Password protect your phone and make sure it is stored securely.
- Use encryption: Use encryption, such as a VPN connection, to prevent the services from viewing your data.
- Be careful with stored information: Be careful about what you store in the cloud or other online storage services, especially if it concerns personal information.
- Be careful when opening attachments or links in emails or text messages: Be careful when opening attachments or links in emails or text messages, especially if they come from unknown senders or if they contain suspicious information.
The name says it all. When you use a VPN, you create a private network. Using a VPN, or Virtual Private Network is a way to keep your internet traffic more secure and private by sending your connection to the internet through a secure “tunnel”. As a result, other people or authorities who monitor your internet traffic cannot see your data.
In this way, a VPN can protect your privacy against hackers, governments or other parties who monitor your internet use. It can also help you get around geo-restrictions, for example, if you’re in a country where certain websites are blocked. For example, you can watch American Netflix or American HBO max from the Netherlands.
This is how you can protect your privacy against the Wiv
Do you want to protect your privacy against the Wiv with a VPN connection? Then GOOSE VPN is the right place for you. We also recognize that it is not okay for some services to sniff into your digital life without any reason. With the reliable VPN connections of GOOSE VPN, these services don’t stand a chance!
When you register with GOOSE VPN you can use the AutoPilot. This is a feature that allows you to instantly connect to a VPN as soon as your device is connected to the internet. Does the VPN accidentally go down? Then our Kill Switch will also cut your internet connection. You can’t get any safer than this.
Sign up for GOOSE VPN
With the VPN connections of GOOSE VPN you can protect yourself 24/7 against services that interfere with your business for no reason. Sign up for GOOSE VPN now and receive a 30-day money-back guarantee.